Instelling: Pro Education Paramedische Opleidingen
Do you want to teach children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) or social communication difficulties to communicate and interact with help of their parents? In this training, you will learn to identify the stage of communication a child is at and to encourage social interaction by means of visual aids and play. Parents play a major role in facilitating their child’s social and communicative skills on a day-to-day basis. You will therefore learn how to include them in your treatments.
- You can identify the stage of communication a child is at.
- You include parents in your treatments.
- You stimulate communication skills by means of everyday activities and play.
- You advise parents on how to structure a child’s environment.
- You introduce visual images and text to increase understanding.
This training has been developed for speech-language pathologists with an interest in working with young children with ASD and/or social communication difficulties. Working with their parents forms a major part of this training.
Upon successfull completion of this training, you will become certified to lead the More than Words Hanen Program® for Parents of Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder or Social Communication Difficulties and will be included in the Hanen register. Through this family-centred approach you will help parents develop their skills in facilitating their child’s communication and social skills.
This training will be taught in groups of 15 or 16 participants.
This training will be taught by a certified Hanen instructor from the UK.
The following topics are treated in this training:
- Identifying children’s communication skills and stage of communication
- Building social and communicative skills
- Structuring a child’s environment
- Stimulating social interaction
- Imitation as a means of communication
- Visual aids and prints
- Language input
- Making friends
You will receive a certificate after 100% attendance and active participation.
Logopedist ADAP Register Logopedist 33,5 punten
Wilt u een brochure aanvragen of direct inschrijven voor deze cursus? Ga dan naar de website van Pro Éducation.
Wenst u liever gericht persoonlijk opleidingsadvies? Neem dan contact op met onze opleidingsadviseurs via telefoonnummer 020 567 79 99.